Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title RSS and Atom: Understanding and Implementing Content Feeds and Syndication
- Author(s) Heinz Wittenbrink
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (November 8, 2005)
- Paperback 250 pages
- eBook zpped PDF, 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- ASIN: 1904811574
- ISBN-13: 978-1904811572
- Share This:
This is a concise yet comprehensive guide to feeds and syndication for content professionals, web developers and marketing teams who want to understand what RSS and content syndication is, how it works, what it can for them, and how they can get it up and running. The feed formats and vocabularies are covered in depth, and the book does require some familiarity with XML, but no scripting or development expertise is necessary.
This book has been written for content professionals, web developers and marketing teams who want to understand what RSS and content syndication is, how it works, what it can for them, and how they can get it up and running. It assumes a solid knowledge of XML and how the web works, but is not intended to be the exclusive province of the technically minded.About the Authors
- Heinz Wittenbrink was born in 1956 in M¿lheim (Ruhr region). He studied literature and philosophy and worked as an editor and then a senior editor for the Bertelsmann Group. He was responsible for several CD ROMs with encyclopedic content, and later, for the development of the first free German encyclopedic website http://www.wissen.de. In 2000 he moved to a Munich-based web agency, and in 2002, founded his own company for online publishing. Since 2004 he has been a professor for web publishing at the University for Applied Sciences in Graz/Austria.
- XML and XSL
- Web Programming and Development
- PHP (Personal Home Pages) Programming
- HTML, DHTML and XHTML
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)