Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title GPU Gems 3
- Author(s) Hubert Nguyen
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional (August 12, 2007)
- Hardcover 1008 pages
- eBook Online
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321515269
- Share This:
The GPU Gems series features a collection of the most essential algorithms required by Next-Generation 3D Engines.
This third volume of the best-selling GPU Gems series provides a snapshot of today’s latest Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) programming techniques. The programmability of modern GPUs allows developers to not only distinguish themselves from one another but also to use this awesome processing power for non-graphics applications, such as physics simulation, financial analysis, and even virus detection—particularly with the CUDA architecture. Graphics remains the leading application for GPUs, and readers will find that the latest algorithms create ultra-realistic characters, better lighting, and post-rendering compositing effects.
Major topics include
- Light and Shadows
- Image Effects
- Physics Simulation
- GPU Computing
Hubert Nguyen, Manager of Developer Education at NVIDIA, is a graphics engineer who worked in the NVIDIA Demo Team before moving to his current position. His work is featured on the covers of GPU Gems (Addison-Wesley, 2004) and GPU Gems 2 (Addison-Wesley, 2006).
- GPU Gems 2: Programming Techniques for High-Performance Graphics and General-Purpose Computation ©2005
- GPU Gems: Programming Techniques, Tips and Tricks for Real-Time Graphics
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging
- Computer and Video Game Development and Programming