Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title GPU Gems 2: Programming Techniques for High-Performance Graphics and General-Purpose Computation
- Author(s) Matt Pharr, Randima Fernando
- Publisher: Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional (March 13, 2005)
- Hardcover 880 pages
- eBook Online
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321335597
- Share This:
The GPU Gems series features a collection of the most essential algorithms required by Next-Generation 3D Engines.
This sequel to the best-selling, first volume of GPU Gems details the latest programming techniques for today’s graphics processing units (GPUs). As GPUs find their way into mobile phones, handheld gaming devices, and consoles, GPU expertise is even more critical in today’s competitive environment. Real-time graphics programmers will discover the latest algorithms for creating advanced visual effects, strategies for managing complex scenes, and advanced image processing techniques. Readers will also learn new methods for using the substantial processing power of the GPU in other computationally intensive applications, such as scientific computing and finance. Twenty of the book’s forty-eight chapters are devoted to GPGPU programming, from basic concepts to advanced techniques. Written by experts in cutting-edge GPU programming, this book offers readers practical means to harness the enormous capabilities of GPUs.
Major topics covered include:
- Geometric Complexity
- Shading, Lighting, and Shadows
- High-Quality Rendering
- General-Purpose Computation on GPUs: A Primer
- Image-Oriented Computing
- Simulation and Numerical Algorithms
- Matt Pharr is a software engineer at NVIDIA. Matt is also the coauthor of the book Physically Based Rendering: From Theory to Implementation (Morgan Kaufmann, 2004).
- Randima (Randy) Fernando is Manager of Developer Education at NVIDIA.
- GPU Gems 3 ©2007 by Addison-Wesley (Hubert Nguyen) 1008 pages
- GPU Gems: Programming Techniques, Tips and Tricks for Real-Time Graphics
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging
- Computer and Video Game Development and Programming