Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Author(s) Jonathan Stark
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media (January 28, 2010)
- Paperback: 224 pages
- eBook Online
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596805780
- ISBN-13: 978-0596805784
- Share This:
What are the advantages? Device-agnostic apps are the wave of the future, especially for mobile devices, and this book shows you how to create one product that can be used on several platforms. You'll get guidelines for quickly converting your product into a native iPhone app, using the free PhoneGap framework. And you'll learn why releasing your product as a web app first helps you find, fix, and test bugs much faster than if you went straight to the App Store with a product built with Apple's tools.
Build iPhone apps using tools you already know how to use
- Compare the pros and cons of web apps and native iPhone apps
- Learn how to make an existing website look and behave like an iPhone app
- Add native-looking animations to your web app using jQTouch
- Take advantage of client-side data storage with apps that run even when the iPhone is offline
- Jonathan Stark is a web developer and leading expert on publishing desktop data to the web. Past clients include Staples, Turner Broadcasting, and the PGA Tour. Jonathan is the author of the book Web Publishing with PHP and FileMaker 9, is a regular speaker at the FileMaker Developer Conference, and is a tech editor for php|architect and FileMaker Advisor magazines.
- iPhone/iPad Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Mac OS and Programming
- HTML, DHTML and XHTML
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Books by O'Reilly®